Full Time position with health benefits, vacation, sick and personal time.
Job Description: Trauma Therapist will primarily be responsible for providing trauma focused/specialized clinical services, including individual psychotherapy, to primary victims of crime who are currently incarcerated at the following NYS DOCCS facilities: Sing Sing, Bedford Hills, and Taconic. Trauma Therapist will function as a member of both the clinical team and the larger VAS staff, sharing in the mission of not only providing specialized services but also working towards systemic change.
Requirements: Licensed clinician preferred. Candidate should be a self-starter with strong clinical skills both with individuals and groups. Backgrounds in women’s issues, domestic violence, sexual assault, and social justice are valued. Knowledge of the criminal justice system, an understanding of victimology, and experience working with trauma a plus. A valid driver’s license and the use of an automobile are required.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and a resume via email to Ashley Pichardo, Coordinator of Clinical Services. Email: email@example.com
MOUNT VERNON SITE DIRECTOR
Full Time position with health benefits, vacation, sick and person time.
Location: Mount Vernon, New York
Specific Education, Certification and Skill Requirements:
Highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational and public speaking skills, and commitment to advocating for the rights of victims of crime. Background in sexual assault awareness, social justice, criminal justice, strong knowledge of hospital systems, women’s issues, and/or counseling preferred. BA required. Masters preferred or equivalent experience. Computer literate. Licensed driver and car owner.
Job Description: The Site Director provides direct services to victims and their families and is involved in both direct client contact and supervision of site staff.
Direct Service Provision:
- OVS information and assistance to all innocent victims of crime
- In-person & phone counseling to primary and secondary innocent victims of crime
- Follow-up and I&R to clients in person and through phone contacts
- emergency awards, referrals to local resources and individual advocacy for clients
- Hospital accompaniment to sexual assault victims when necessary
- Court accompaniment/advocacy
- Staff back-up to Helpline
- Provide all other crime victim services as needed
- Supervision of on-site victim advocate(s)
- Maintains all site records and prepares reports and statistics as required by agency and funding sources
- Coordinates outreach efforts with criminal justice and other community organizations
- Other tasks as directed by Director or her/his designee
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mark Cardona, Assistant Director or Administration.