Service Advocate (Case Manager) Level 1
It is the job of the Service Advocate to provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual client needs. The overall goal of the position is provide supportive services designed to enhance the housing stability and independent living skills of targeted very low-income veteran families. The Service Advocate has accountability for the care, coordination and the housing stability of clients.
Service Advocates report to the Senior Service Advocate
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; a minimum of two years of case management or social work experience. Past experience with veteran populations is a plus. WestCOP seeks professionals with demonstrated ability to help low-income individuals to achieve constructive change.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide intake for new clients
• Screen for eligibility
• Perform assessments and
• Create case plans
• Perform motivational interviews
• Monitoring case plans and modify as needed
• Provide on-going case management and take case notes
• Provide assistance in connecting to community resources
• Accompany clients to meetings or appointments as needed
• Maintain knowledge of community resources and be able to make effective referrals
• Create weekly reports for review by Senior Service Advocate
• Assess progress of client toward goals with the client and the Senior Service Advocate
• Participate in weekly case conferencing meetings
• Participate in monthly program team meetings
• Provide outreach to agencies / providers that serve the targeted population
• Requires the ability to work weekends as needed, be on call by demand, and work remotely.