DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/HIGH RISK TEAM ADVOCATE
Location: Elmsford, NY
Reports to: The DVHRT Advocate will report to the Assistance Director of Programs.
Job Overview: The DVHRT Advocate provides direct services to victims screened through the Westchester County Domestic Violence High Risk Team (DVHRT). The advocate will provide thorough safety planning as well as provide general victim advocacy. The advocate will collaborate with agencies in Westchester County to ensure community awareness of and access to services and comprehensive care of survivors. Services will be provided at all of our VAS offices throughout the county with a focus on our Yonkers location
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Clarissa Espinoza, MS (email@example.com)
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide crisis intervention, safety planning, counseling, information/referral, advocacy and follow-up to clients impacted by domestic/intimate partner violence
- Provide on-going and long-term safety planning with clients
- Provide emotional support via short-term counseling sessions in person or over the phone
- Provide clients with mental health referrals within VAS or other appropriate trauma-informed therapists.
- Provide Office of Victims Services information, emergency awards, and assistance to all clients.
- Court/Law Enforcement/District and County Attorney/Social Service Agency/Hospital accompaniment/advocacy.
- Provide all other services and referrals as needed
- Participate in all staff meetings, training and/or professional development session.
- Attend and participate in statistics and data collection on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis that are in compliance with funding requirements and objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality with handling all client records and communicationOccasional night and weekend coverage
- BA/BS Preferred (Social Services, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Counseling, etc.)
- Must have strong knowledge of MS Office (including strong Excel skills) and G-Suite (Google Drive and Google applications
- Excellent writing skills, public speaking skills, and presentation skills
- Impeccable organization skills
- Driver’s license and care required (for client accompaniment and agency meetings)
- High motivates and self-starter
- Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply
BILINGUAL CHILD VICTIM ADVOCATE
Location: White Plains, New York
Full Time position with health benefits, vacation, sick and personal time. Cover Letter and Resume required.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mark Cardona, Assistant Director or Administration.
Full Time position with health benefits, vacation, sick and personal time.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and a resume via email to Samantha Favara, Coordinator of Clinical Services. Email: email@example.com
Job Description: Trauma Therapist will primarily be responsible for providing trauma focused/specialized clinical services, including individual psychotherapy, to primary victims of crime who are currently incarcerated at the following NYS DOCCS facilities: Sing Sing, Bedford Hills, and Taconic. Trauma Therapist will function as a member of both the clinical team and the larger VAS staff, sharing in the mission of not only providing specialized services but also working towards systemic change.
Requirements: Licensed clinician preferred. Candidate should be a self-starter with strong clinical skills both with individuals and groups. Backgrounds in women’s issues, domestic violence, sexual assault, and social justice are valued. Knowledge of the criminal justice system, an understanding of victimology, and experience working with trauma a plus. A valid driver’s license and the use of an automobile are required.