WestCOP’s Early Childhood program provides individualized services and guidance to children with special needs and their families. Each child and family is considered unique with previous experience, current needs, and potential for future growth. Initial developmental screenings at all centers and further evaluation assessments at WestCOP’s two NYS approved evaluation and therapeutic nursery sites contribute to the multi-disciplinary approach of meeting each child’s needs.
In order to serve children with special needs appropriately, each of our centers:
- Provides a full range of Disabilities Specialists at all Early Childhood Centers
- Supports the special needs of each child’s overall well-being and development to include social-emotional, cognitive, physical, language and health
- Engages families and provides training, support and advocacy
- Serves children in the least restrictive inclusionary environment
- Works closely with other service areas, as well as agencies, school districts and organizations to identify children’s special needs and provide the full range of services necessary to meet those needs